Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bucky going home



Today was a sad day but ended up to also be a happy day. On the sad note it was time for Bucky (pictured above to go home) to his farm, I am sure he was glad to be home. In this picture he was waiting to be unloaded to be with the other goats again.
Cookie (she is so expressive)

Patches (not sure whats going on)
On a happy note here is a picture of the newest additions to our little farm that we picked up today. We did not plan on picking up any today, but my daughter Kayla fell in love with Cookie she is a 3 year old, this will be her goat. Then my hubby liked the look of the little buck he is 4 months old we named him patches, cookie will be milked for another 3 to 4 weeks (by my daughter whohoo!) so I am going to try goats milk soap! On another note Gibbie's sister has a name! Hubby liked Coco so Coco it is!
We now have on our farm: Cuddles (spoilt), Connie with her new twins girls (Gibby and Coco), Cookie our new milk goat and Patches our little boy. The cows : Rosie, Snow flake, Snow Ball, Skinner, Peewee, Sunny, Baby-6 months old (all except baby are expecting very soon) and Midnight the bull and our chickens: 10 hens and 2 roosters.
I would love to get  a couple sheep, 2 pigs. a milk cow and a few more chickens this summer if money permits. My husband jokes that we have a petting farm all the animals are so spoilt (everyone knows their name and each will come running when their name is called), but each of them have a reason to be here. The goats for milk, cheese, and goats milk soap. The cows (we do send one calf to the slaughter house in the fall) the other calves are sold to help pay for things needed. The hens for their eggs and we do also order 50 chicks every spring for the freezer. We are in no way close to being self sufficient, but we are trying I feel like one of these days our goal will be met!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)