Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Friday, November 6, 2020

Root Cellar (summer project)



 



This is always the most exciting part for me, breaking the ground for the start of a new project! I was surprised at how deep he actually had to dig, ended up about 6 foot (there will be 3 foot of dirt on top). We were lucky though (or I guess hubby was) that he didn't encounter any rocks so this part of the adventure was accomplished in a day.
Molly's dirt pile, she became really comfy there over the weeks (almost a month) because

After we got this poured it rained and rained for almost a month

Finally it dried up enough that we could start pouring again

Felt good to see it start taking shape


Here it is all finished with the vents and door in and the paint sealer on, dried and waiting for hubby to start back filling


Jim was making one of our ponds deeper so he used some of that dirt for the cellar top also. We had more rain so we had to stop for a few more weeks.

But when all was said and done (Jim had cellar covered), Mrs Molly got her dirt pile back. This is her go to spot now, she sets on the small hill and looks down onto the lower field and barks. Since this area is downhill past the creek she has a fairly good site advantage.













1 comment:

  1. i am a long term reader of your blog. I have learned much from you and your readers insights. Let me share my experience with dove, Dove has been a part of my household for as long as I can remember and since I have very sensitive skin Dove soap as well as the rest of their line of products work well for me.Until I had a skin cancer were I was recommended to Dr Itua herbal center to undergo three weeks treatment which really cured my skin cancer and today I'm completely cured from skin cancer also I will recommend Dr Itua herbal center to anyone with any types of cancer or disease and infections to contact Dr Itua herbal center on his website https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ or email him directly to his email address drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com to order your herbal medicine of any types to heal.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)