Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]

Walking With Grandmpa [my father and grand-daughter]
"I like walking with granpa his steps are short like mine." (dedicated to my dad who passed 4/1/10)

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Cowboy Candy, made with jalapenos and nalapenos

 I have been canning for a good number of years (at least 30) but I ran across something different that I just had to try this year. Of course with most things on the internet I ran across tons of different ways to make it. This got confusing until I realized I just needed to add the ingredients I new my family would like.

One major thing is we like hot but not to hot....I grow jalapenos  and a less hot nalapenos so I went with a 50/50 mix. I also thought my family would like chopped instead of sliced (thought would be better for mixing with cream cheese etc for dipping).

The finished product was really good! Jim even likes it on his morning eggs. Next year I think I'll try one batch with just jalapenos, since the 50/50 is so mild, just curious.

The recipe I used was (so I don't forget) 

1 1/2 pounds jalapeños 

1 1/2 pounds nalapenos 

6 cups sugar

3 teaspoons garlic powder

2 cups apple cider vinegar 

1 teaspoon celery seeds

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Next year since we are using more as a condiment than dip I think I will slice them.

I also left the seeds in because most of the heat comes from the membrane inside the pepper.

I just put the last of the canned jars in the root cellar yesterday and the turnips and sweet potatoes go in today, then I'm done.

Can't believe I got out the seed catalogs to look over already, but can't wait for next year :)

1 comment:

  1. i am a long term reader of your blog. I have learned much from you and your readers insights. Let me share my experience with dove, Dove has been a part of my household for as long as I can remember and since I have very sensitive skin Dove soap as well as the rest of their line of products work well for me.Until I had a skin cancer were I was recommended to Dr Itua herbal center to undergo three weeks treatment which really cured my skin cancer and today I'm completely cured from skin cancer also I will recommend Dr Itua herbal center to anyone with any types of cancer or disease and infections to contact Dr Itua herbal center on his website https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ or email him directly to his email address drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com to order your herbal medicine of any types to heal.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you :)